Zoodles! AKA zucchini noodles are an amazing way to cut down carbs and add some green vegetables into your diet. This recipe is so simple, quick and refreshing after a workout!
CUTTING CARBS LIKE A BOSS
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes (Not even kidding!)
- 1 medium zucchini, spiraled (you can buy a simple spiralizer at any grocery store or I enjoy this one from Amazon.)
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 T Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh basil to garnish
Let’s make it…
- Spiralize zucchini and place in a bowl
- Add pesto and nutritional yeast and mix together
- Slice cherry tomatoes and place on top
- Garnish with basil
WHAT IS NUTRITIONAL YEAST?
Nutritional yeast is a dried yeast that contains many essential vitamins and nutrients such as B-12, B-6, B-2, B-1, B-3, potassium, calcium and iron. Health benefits include healthy hair skin and nails, boost in energy, improving glucose sensitivity, and even supporting a healthy pregnancy.
It is very important on a plant based diet to consume this as vegetarians and vegans are typically low in B-12.
It is used as a cheese replacement in most vegan dishes due to its “cheese” like taste. I like to use it in place of parmesan cheese and sprinkle over pasta, salads, etc. It is fairly inexpensive and you can find it here.