I fell in love with steel cut oats when I ordered some at Starbucks. I had heard of them before but always felt intimidated to make them! This recipe is perfect for a cozy winter day.
Steel cut oats are packed with insoluble fiber! The fiber that the gut needs to pull nutrients from to bump up your foliage in your tract. In a nutshell, it makes the microbes and bacteria in your gut very happy to eat fiber and oats. Added bonus, it’s delicious!
What you’ll need..
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/2 cup plant milk (I used oat)
1/4 cup craisins
1 T chunky almond butter
pinch of sea salt
1/2 T cinnamon
How to make it…
- Add oats into small sauce pan with enough milk to cover. Bring to boil and stir consistently.
- Reduce to low heat, add remaining milk to mixture once most is absorbed (this allows quicker cooking time).
- Add in cinnamon, pinch of salt, and craisins to oats.
- Stir consistently until mixture is desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl, add almond butter on top and enjoy!