When your gut is out of whack, it can stem into all areas of your life. 74% of Americans suffer from GI discomfort. Did you ever hear the phrase, go with your gut? Gut feelings are real. Your gut is trying to tell you something if you aren’t treating it properly. What’s amazing about the gut is – it can heal itself through good nutrition and lifestyle!
Signs your Gut Bacteria Aren’t Happy
- Gas/Bloating or Constipation
- Depression/Anxiety or Brain Fog
- Vitamin/Mineral Deficiencies
- Overuse of Antibiotics
- Chronic Stress
- Autoimmune Diseases
Ways to Heal your Gut and Make it Happy
- Ditch Toxins – remove alcohol, caffeine, processed foods, and chemical cleaning products
- Eat Fermented Foods – kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, pickles, kefir, yogurt
- Take a Probiotic – supplement
- Skip the Antibiotics – obviously if you need to take an antibiotic for your health, please do. But counteract the antibiotic with a strong probiotic as the antibiotic will wipe out any bacteria in the gut including the good!
- Eat Bone Broth – packed with nutrients for easy absorption into the body and revive the gut flora.
- Eat Real Foods – and a lot of variety in those real foods! Fruits, veggies, grass fed meats, sprouted grains. Check out my gut health grocery list here.
- Relax – take a bubble bath, get a massage, write a to do list to do tomorrow. Take time to relax! Your body and gut will thank you.