This gut healthy recipe is packed with probiotics! Probiotics are a collection of strains of live bacterial organisms that when taken in proper doses, can have a positive effect on health and digestion. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, vegan, and will have your gut back in check in a few days! Did you know it takes 72 hours for the gut to reset itself?
Your microbiota will be thanking you! (Okay last definition, promise.) Your microbiota are the organisms that reside within a given environment inside of the body. If you’ve heard of a microbiome (the forest inside your gut), they are similar, but the microbiota are referring to just the microbes.
Let’s get into the recipe!
I write my recipes to the simple and straightforward. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1/2 cup carrots, small diced
- 1/4 cup celery, small diced
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 T hemp hearts
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Bring a medium sized skillet to medium to high heat and add 1 T of cooking oil. (I prefer avocado oil as it is light and can handle high temperatures when cooking.)
- Add in carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes. You want them to soften. Add in celery, chickpeas, cooked rice, and kimchi and mix together. Saute for an additional 7-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add in garlic, some S&P, coconut aminos. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour dish into 4 bowls. Or you can save additional servings for the next day.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and hemp hearts.
As always, feel free to add whatever comes to mind! I added fresh avocado to my bowl the next day and it was delicious! Go with your gut.
Share if you made this recipe!