My name is Rebekah and I’m an enthusiast for anything that has to do with health, nutrition, wellness and of course, food. I am loving life and doing so by being an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. My passion is to share ways to improve your gut health and tips for a balanced lifestyle.
I received my health coaching certificate in 2018 from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I enjoyed every moment of it! The body can truly heal itself through itself through proper diet and lifestyle. The gut is our “second brain” and digests everything we put into it, good and bad. I wanted to learn more about this area of health and wellness so I completed an advanced Gut Health Course in 2019.
Why was I so interested in learning about health and wellness? I struggled with digestion my entire life. I know I suffered from immense brain fog, poor bowel movements, tiredness, anxiety and depression. I blamed it on my adolescence years but in fact what was happening was my hormones were imbalanced from a disease called endometriosis. Did you know that hormones live in the gut too? The body is a system and mine was not working properly. I knew I needed professional help. After eight years of trying to figure out what works best for me, I decided to take care of the fuel tank in my body, my gut!
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- My second summer job was selling hermit crabs (and taking care of them)… I have always been an animal lover and always enjoyed having them by my side!
- I zip lined over top of volcanos in Hawaii and that was one of the coolest experiences I ever had. I did get stuck over one of them because I didn’t have enough momentum to keep going! But instead of having an anxiety attack (trust me it was difficult) looking down into the mouth of a huge volcano I got some awesome footage from my go pro.
- I have had quite the health journey. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2017 and have been experimenting with multiple natural ways to help my body heal.
- I am a full blood Scorpio. I’m technically on the cusp of a Scorpio/Sagittarius but let me tell you… (and my family/friends can tell you) I need my alone time to recharge so I don’t unleash the Scorpio fury. (I’m a sweetheart, I swear!)
- I used to work full time in hospitality.. it was quite the daily grind. Never a dull moment!
- I graduated from Penn State in 2013 with a Business Major and Hospitality Minor. One of my favorite experiences was dancing in our dance marathon, called THON. We raised over $9 million for childhood cancer research that year alone!
- I am an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I help others accomplish their health goals!
- I am an old soul and thoroughly enjoy spending time at home reading and being the best cat mom out there.
- I love to travel. My bucket list is always growing!
- One day I would like a chicken coop! How cool would that be? I also would like a bunny hutch so I can feed them my vegetable kitchen scraps and let them all live their best life.